From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 08:37:07 -0500
I don't think any of the human based metaphors apply to colony foraging. A
colony consists of thousands of individuals applying simple instinctual
routines to a constantly changing environment.

Pete,  you missed my point,  Its not that bees act like humans at all,  its
that consistency is an effective way to gather the most the fastest.  This
is always true, once the high value target is acquired.  Much more efficient
than random searching.  Its been proven millions of times mathematically,
and applies here.

Even when times get lean in those search zones, rechecking is common with
any learned behavior.  Bees or humans.

Charles