Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 16:05:07 -0400
Last week I took a crop from my top bar hive, which has emerged from
winter stronger than any of my stacking box hives.  I took the crop now
rather than last autumn so it could overwinter on its own stores
without being artificially fed.  I did chuck a thymol filled tea bag in
the hive last autumn and dribbled in a little 3.2% oxalic acid solution
in mid winter at a rate of 5mil per seam of bees in the cluster.

The crop wan't massive but it yielded some cut comb as well as bottled
honey.  It has all now been sold save for a few jars I am keeping back
to pay rent on my sites.

Chris