Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 2014 08:23:49 -0500
From:
Rob Green <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
It must be frustrating for the queen suppliers. And yet its generally
conceded that we have real problems with queens - higher supercedure
rates, and often no supercedure - just queenlessness. And so many old
beekeepers say "It didn't used to be like this..."

But there has to be responsibility taken for the dosing with
miticides to make queens appear healthy and mite-free. Miticides are
complicit with queen issues including fertility.

In my experience, asking about a Queen's exposure to miticides gets
me the same answer as when I ask a foundation supplier if they've
tested to miticide residue in the recycled wax. I get a lot of ummms
and ers and a quick change of subject.

I will grant you that some of these practices were done out of
desperation, and a misguided effort to aid in making a superior
product. But now we know... or we think we know... a great deal more.