From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:28:48 -0500
Not much detail, but this is U Guelph, not Harvard, so the source is
reputable.
Also, the paper will be in "Journal of Biological Chemistry", not "The
Bulletin of Insectology", so this seems legit peer-reviewed work.  :)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/technology/science/scientists-in-guelph-come-
one-step-closer-to-saving-the-bees/article22098146/

http://tinyurl.com/qjaoqn6

"The drug that could treat the disease is not an antibiotic, but an
anti-virulence compound that controls the toxin that kills the larvae but
does not prompt the bacteria to mutate by threatening their survival.

'What we've found is an important factor that we can inhibit in this
honeybee disease,' said Rod Merrill, a Guelph biochemist and co-author of
the study to be published in the December issue of the Journal of Biological
Chemistry."