From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 20:26:25 -0500
Far from being a smoking gun, this study suggests that we should
objectively investigate the overall impact of our agricultural practices
upon ecosystems.

Great reply Randy,  wish I had your temperance at times.    And to a point
your correct,  keep watch.
But there is one problem that needs to be addressed.  Investigate to what
level?  This and many other websites are proof of the problem.  Armchair
quarterbacking decision because they don't suit what we see as our needs.
In this case is a pesticide that can kill a bee.  And we as a group of bee
friends are all upset and handwringing.  What about the farmers?  You know
the guys who lose there entire livelily hoods and everything they have
worked for usually for generations, over a few bees??  Who  makes those
calls?  Which bugsd are good,  which bad?  How many robins is the right
amount?  What if we do kill a from in the marsh??

Right now we have a system in place,  and I know you agree, its not a bad
system.  Rigorous testing is done and in place, very strict requirements
based on lessons learned in the past.   Despite what you read on the blogs
we know that the government agencies involved are not being bought off by
Monsanto or Ceiba.  And should enough proof come available,  we have a court
system at our disposal that would love nothing better than to take a few
billion from the aforementioned companies.

We currently have too many groups protecting the  slight off color phase of
the blue winged titmouse from any harm that might come from building a
driveway across a waterway...... when we open up these decisions to the
larger populous,  nothing can get done.  There is always some group opposed
to anything.  Someone always needs to speak for the offended.  Look at DDT..
seems it was bad for bugs.  Lots say it was worse to eliminate it for
humans.

We need to be very careful in giving support to the Johnny come lately
groups.  We need to be darn sure the Data is perfect, and that the case is
solid.

Right now real hard to say Neonics are ruining the world,  when GMC is
killing more birds and bees and bugs than all the Neonics in Iowa.  Check
your grill... see how many bugs you scored this week!......multiply that the
world over....

Point is simple to me. Trust the system we have in place, and keep the eyes
open, and quit spreading gossip... (not you or anyone in particular)
Personally my goal is to slow down the spread of off base articles and
distorted facts in the bee community.  Big task.......Guys Like Dr. Lu and
reporters make it really difficult.

Charles