From:
William Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2014 08:52:40 -0400
On Jul 6, 2014, at 11:22 PM, Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>> However, how can anyone prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that if we lose all pollinators, man will not be gone in, say, 10 years??

If you are around my age you will remember cleaning all the bugs off the front your vehicles.  There were several brands of cleaner that softened up the bugs to get them off the front bumper and head lights.  Many times some bugs would hit the windshield.  You would turn on the wipers and smear the bugs all over.  If you looked you would see all the bugs that accumulate on the radiator.  Whenever the subject comes up I ask the other participants in the conversation to go check the front of their cars.
They find a whole lot less bugs than they remember from some years back.  There are less bugs (bees) and that is a fact.
Bill Bartlett