From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 2014 00:05:16 +0100
Randy

You clearly have expertise in the area of controlling pest species.

We have woodpeckers - the green ones attack hives, but are not too difficult to keep at bay, either with a wire cage round the hive, or plastic strips from fertiliser bags draped over them.

The real problem for me is the spotted woodpecker which is intent on demolishing the timbers of our 17th century timber-framed house.  Any ideas?  I tried insecticidal timber preservative to kill off the insects that I reckoned it was looking for.  That worked for a while, but now it seems to think that going in deeper might pay dividends!

Best wishes

Peter
52°14'44.44"N, 1°50'35"W