HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Williams, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2017 22:59:03 +0000
Thank you for sharing this, Richard-- that photo seems to be pretty slim evidence to claim Earhart is in the photo (e.g., pretty much "none"), even without your alternative explanation.  For a couple of Caucasians being held by the Japanese and about to be transported to another island, there are no Japanese soldiers in sight, and even the identification of the person as a woman seems pretty shakey.

Of more interest to me is the Marshallese accounts of Earhart and Noonan crashing and surviving-- if they did not, I would love to know the origin of that story.

Cheers,

Scott S. Williams
Cultural Resources Program Manager, WSDOT
Ph: 360.570.6651