Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2014 18:56:45 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
Hi all
I met with Dr. Laura Harrington, Professor and Chair of the Department of Entomology. She asked me to pass on her assurance that Cornell has every intention of keeping Apiculture as part of the University's mission. There is overwhelming support in the Ento Dept for it, but the final decision on how and when to proceed has not been made. 

I also communicated with Dr. Thomas Seeley about it, this week. He said much the same thing:  "There is now broad support in the Entomology Department to hire an asst. prof. of honey bee biology.   It is now their highest priority, and back in April I worked with [them] to write a strong request to CALS for this position.   It may not be granted this year, but we will keep trying."

In other words, it's "fait accompli," there is no need to send more emails or make urgent phone calls to the Dean. I feel confident that they mean what they say, and they will consider the interests of all parties concerned. They are in the process of sprucing up the facilities to make it attractive to whomever takes over. 

PLB

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2