From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Oct 2014 09:16:16 -0400
One can uncap honey cell by cell, and force the bees to recap those cells,
and they will stand out, thus  making the bees "spelling bees".

Such on-comb messages are a fun way to greet a VIP, and can be done day in
advance.

In this case, it looks like the cells in the pattern remained un affected by
travel stain, so the wax may have been painted over with something.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/latest-news/top-stories/peace-bee
-with-you-a-sign-from-the-hive-1-6892949

http://tinyurl.com/kfajcnn

Either way, it is cute PR.

We did a "Pirate Flag" skull and crossbones on a comb for one of the
magazines when they were doing an article on "beekeeping in defiance of the
ban", trying to make the point that bees will ignore political boundaries,
and set up (feral) housekeeping where they please.  I forget which magazine.
The reporter was dumbfounded, as we pulled out the comb, put it on a
frame-rest holder while "inspecting", and let her "discover" the pattern.
All pretended to be surprised at the comb.