HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Laura Seifert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 11:49:22 -0500
Hello everyone,

I will be doing some test excavations at a site thought to be a Benedictine
monastery and freedmen school (1870s-1889) outside of Savannah, GA. I have
found very few archaeology examples of either freedmen schools or
Benedictines, let alone both. Of course, I'm familiar with the efforts at
New Philadelphia, and several sites have a freedmen school, but they went
unexcavated or unidentified while the domestic components were excavated.

So I'm looking to the list's collective wisdom for some comparative data,
particularly on grey lit.
thanks much
Laura Seifert

Laura Seifert

Co-chair, Savannah Heritage Emergency Response
http://sheronline.info

Digging Savannah <https://diggingsavannah.wordpress.com/>
a new archaeology program in Savannah
Find us on Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/DiggingSavannah>