HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
stefan woehlke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2014 13:35:50 -0500
Histarchers,

The Anthropology Department at the University of Maryland, College Park, is
offering a course this summer entitled Advanced Field Methods in Public
Archaeology. It is intended for students who have already completed a field
school or have some other equivalent archaeological experience, and would
like to learn more about the role of archaeology within public settings.
The field school is a 6-week, 6-credit course that is being offered at
in-state tuition rates for all students. The first three weeks will be
conducted at James Madison's Montpelier, in Orange County, Virginia. This
is intended to expose students to archaeology within a historic house
museum environment. The final three weeks will be take place in Easton, MD,
in a historic free African American neighborhood. This is a project in
which archaeologists were sought out by the local community in order to
help learn more about and disseminate the community's historical
significance.

Please see our website for more information.

http://www.aia.umd.edu/anth498.html

Please lass this along to anyone who may be interested.

If you have any questions, please contact me through email ([log in to unmask]
)

Thanks,

Stefan Woehlke