HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
adam heinrich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 2013 08:33:29 -0400
Dear Bob Skiles,

This journal sounds great.  I just happen to be in the finalizing stages of a manuscript, and I am curious to know if this journal would be interested in the topic. I am performing experimental archaeology to determine a comparative model to identify butchery for stews/grease rendering in the historical period (this topic is common in slave, mission, and hardship sites). I ask if experimental archaeology is appropriate for the journal? I realize this came through the HISTARCH listserve, but is historical archaeology an acceptable time period? I ask this because I tried submitting a major gravemarker reinterpretation that challenged an article published by American Antiquity decades ago, but I was told that the topic (18th century) was too modern.

Thanks, Adam Heinrich