HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bob Skiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2013 17:05:21 -0500
Dear colleagues,

On behalf of the Society for American Archaeology (SAA), I am pleased to
announce Volume 1, Number 1 of/Advances in Archaeological Practice/
<https://exchange.thc.state.tx.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=7a6bbdbedad04150bf9829ea090c8862&URL=http%3a%2f%2fsaa.metapress.com%2fcontent%2f122855%2f>/:
A Journal of the Society for American Archaeology/!

Launching a new SAA journal has happened only three times in the past:
1935 with /American Antiquity/, 1990 with /Latin American Antiquity,
/and 2002 with /E-tiquity /(no longer published)/./ This new journal
pushes SAA into the future. Not only is the digital format changing the
way SAA publishes scholarly peer-reviewed articles, it will allow for
the inclusion of exciting new data, faster time to publication, and
instant global distribution. The content, too, is progressive and you
finally have a forum to publish your innovative research on /how/ we do
archaeology: how we learn about the past, how we convey our findings in
the present, and how we manage resources for the future.

The first two issues are completely free and open to all, but starting
with the February 2014 issue, subscriptions will be available for $199
per year for non-member individuals, but it you join SAA, you may choose
to receive it for FREE!. Until then, we invite you to download Volume 1,
Number 1 of our journal here
<https://exchange.thc.state.tx.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=7a6bbdbedad04150bf9829ea090c8862&URL=http%3a%2f%2fsaa.metapress.com%2fcontent%2f122855%2f>.
I hope that you enjoy it.

Sincerely,

Christopher D. Dore, Ph.D., RPA

Editor, /Advances in Archaeological Practice: A Journal of the Society
for American Archaeology/

P.S. I invite you to engage our new journal as an author, reviewer, and
reader. I encourage you to think in new ways about what can be published
as well as how to take full advantage of the digital format. As the
inaugural editor of the journal, I'm open and available to help you
brainstorm ideas, answer your questions, and hear your suggestions on
how to improve the journal as a resource and tool for the practice of
archaeology.

<https://exchange.thc.state.tx.us/owa/redir.aspx?C=7a6bbdbedad04150bf9829ea090c8862&URL=http%3a%2f%2fremarq.ning.com%2f%3fxg_source%3dmsg_mes_network>