From:
Lionel Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Sep 2015 10:18:10 -0500
  Hi folks,

I have been keeping bees with varying degrees of success, for 41 years in Limestone County, Alabama.

sometimes I am a beehaver and sometimes a beekeeper. I usually I have between 45 - 60 hives.

It is easy to tell when bees are on a flow from activity. Twenty-five to forty years ago,

I planned each year to extract an average of ten gallons of honey from each hive. This was the norm.

Since Mites and Small Hive Beetles have arrived, ten gallons is sometimes a non reality.

Next Spring I am going to try the test Richard Cryberg suggested. I will separate these by cage number and

number that on the hive. If this proves to be useful, culls can be only kept for emergencies.

This sounds worth the effort and a little more paperwork. I am ready for Spring 2016!!!

Since I get Queens from David Miska, he may want to see pictures????

Thanks,

Lionel