HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2014 12:55:43 -0400
From:
The Archaeology Channel <[log in to unmask]>
To our film producer anddistributor friends:

We invite you now tosubmit entries for the 2015 edition of TheArchaeology Channel International Film and VideoFestival.  This is the only international competition for this genre inthe entire Western Hemisphere and a wonderful showcase for your work.  Ourdeadline for receipt of entries is October 15, 2014.  TAC Festival 2015 takesplace May 15-19, 2015, in the Recital Hall at The Shedd Institute and at theUniversity of Oregon Baker Downtown Center here in Eugene, Oregon, USA. You can find our entry form and further information by going to http://www.archaeologychannel.org/events-guide/international-film-and-video-festival/186-tac-fest-2015-pages/1690-first-call-for-entries-2015. Please read the guidelines carefully, as we depend on you for accurateinformation.

Please send your entriesas soon as possible, as a flood of entries in the last week will slow down ourreview and notification process.  In previous years, some entriesregrettably were rejected because of errors in entry forms or problems with thefilm review copies.  Others arrived too late for us to considerthem.  If you allow plenty of time for these problems to be resolved, youcan help assure that you will not be excluded from consideration.  Also,we encourage you to make plans to attend the Festival to represent your filmsand also to participate in our Conference on Cultural Heritage Film, which isgrowing each year.

For our last Festival,we received 113 entries from 24 countries.  We expect to exceed thosenumbers this year and to attract the world’s best films in our genre to thiscompetition.  In the eleven years of TAC Festival so far, we have receivedentries from 45 countries.  With your support and participation, we cancontinue to grow TAC Festival as a promotional tool for your good work.

Please share this announcementwith others you know who may have films suitable for entry. Many thanks andbest wishes to you all.

Richard M. Pettigrew,Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org