From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 17:54:18 -0700
>Typical fear mongering, media distortion, and a deliberate to misguide the
public

Can't agree with you on this one Pete.
FIFRA disallows the registered use of any pesticide that causes
"unreasonable risk" to man or the environment.  The applications in Florida
will without doubt cause the decimation of any pollinating insects that
make the mistake of imbibing citrus nectar.  Those pollinators, in my book,
are part of the environment.

The allowed use of systemic drenches at this rate is not a one-shot deal.
 This is how it will likely go until the citrus industry replants to
genetically-engineered cultivars.  One Calif citrus board spokesperson
pointed out to me that orange juice from Brazil now contains so much
dimethoate that it can no longer be exported to the U.S.  The citrus
industry is desperate, and desperate people engage in desperate acts.  The
environment suffers.

Migratory beekeepers are able to move their hives away from the treated
areas.  Other pollinators do not have that option.

And how about the hummingbirds that migrate through the orange groves?  And
the insects that are the food for many other animals?

I would not write this exemption off casually.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA