From:
kirk jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2014 06:37:23 -0700
Since this came up, I have to tell my best bee sting story:

I was out on another average night moving bees out of the orchards and setting them out in the summer locations in
northern Michigan one night, when an urge to urinate overcame me with particular urgency after drinking copious amounts of coffee to stay awake. It was quite late, perhaps 2 o'clock in the morning on my last run, after just unloading an angry load of very populous hives (just off dandelions and apples) boiling out and flying around my forklift lights, that I jumped off my forklift, threw any sense of caution to the wind, and dropped my zipper for the bliss of relieving my overfull bladder. It wasn't my first rodeo after all. All went well until a bee stung my on the very tip of my penis and the pain was simply excruciating. In the fog of pain and weariness, I pulled out my flashlight to remove the said stinger which immediately attracted a large cloud of high pitched hot angry bees which began to sting me more. In anguish, I dropped the flashlight and ran for the protective cab of the truck for cover while trying to zip up my jeans. As my eyes began to
 water and I clutched my legs together and squirmed, I thought it couldn't get much worse. Wrong.

As I rounded the corner to exit the abandoned orchard, I forgot about the two cut off pine stumps hidden in the tall spring grass. As my truck slammed into the stump, my coffee cup shot forward spilling hot brown liquid all over the cab and I hit my head on the windshield with a solid jolt. Now my head and penis were killing me. I backed up and proceeded to get around the short half rotten stump and get on my way home to lick my wounds. I thought it couldn't get much worse. Wrong again! Unfortunately with the loss of good eyesight with my eyes all teared up, squirming with throbbing searing pain in my lower region, and my head pounding, I totally forgot about the second stump. Once again I had all my gear fly forward and repeated the previous event. When I got home my wife got a pair of tweezers and removed the stinger that caused a whole chain of events. That's my best sting story. Kirk.

Kirk Jones

Sleeping Bear Farms   beekeepers making honey...
St. Ambrose Meadery/Winery- sister business of Sleeping Bear
Benzie Playboys           cajun and zydeco band........
Beekeeping Journal Blog   thoughts on beekeeping
Facebookfor Kirk
Facebook for the Benzie Playboys