HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"kevin m. donaghy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2017 16:10:31 +0000
Hi Paul.
I reached out to Dr.  Waskie. Chairman of German language and strong
historian here at Temple University at Temple. Dr. Waskie is one of those
great people who wears many hats from the VFW here in Philadelphia at the
Ben Franklin Post to the German Society of Philadelphia and the Civil War
Museum. I am copying his response below and very grateful that despite his
schedule he responded to an everyday student. Please see below:

Hello Kevin,
Good to hear from you.
I hope all is well.
'Sauberg' is a place name found in Saxony; Austria; and elsewhere.
It may have originally meant 'The hill where the pigs are'.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Andy Waskie

--