HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:56:49 -0400
In their  work on Parris Island, SC Jim Legg and Chester DePratter noted that only post emancipation graves had surface grave goods. This coincides with what Jodi Barnes and I have been calling the florescence of Gullah Culture - the period after slavery, and before modernity. Dr. DePratter at SCIAA may be able to help you with getting a copy of the report. Carl Steen

Carl Steen