From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 2014 07:42:59 -0700
Same thing we discussed here before Christmas.... Except that in this iteration the reporter has misidentified CNC-machining as 3-D printing.

a)
 They've not really made anything new in terms of hives, just found a
very clever way to manufacture them - which is pretty neat, but I gather
 the equipment is pretty specialized (CNC).

b)  The sensors don't
 really gather much in the way of useful information....and are obviously
re-inventing a wheel already well
invented by others.      But I guess no stone is left uncovered to ensure that Arduinos (Tiny hobbyest computers) are applied to any and all mundane tasks.

That being said, they've said this is intended to save bees, so it's gotta be good.

At least until it rains on those naturally unpainted plywood hives.