HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2017 09:56:14 -0500
From:
Chris Garst <[log in to unmask]>
Good Morning all:
In our collections we have a 6#  cannon ball that still has its fuse.
We suspect it is still filled with gunpowder also. It was recovered
during a metal detector survey last fall and may date to the Civil War
era.  We have been getting mixed messages regarding the safety of having
such an item in our collection.  Does anyone know about the safety and
stability of such an item?
Thank you
Chris Garst
Kansas Historical Society