HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:55:13 +0000
From:
Ian Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Eric
A badge or buckle part picturing cricketers and inscribed “The All England” was excavated by Peter Petchey of Southern Archaeology from a ca 1860s-70s context at the Wall Street Mall site in Dunedin, New Zealand. It presumably dates from the 1864 visit of the All England Eleven to NZ in 1864. I can supply an excavation report if you need it.
Ian

Associate Professor Ian WG Smith, Archaeology, Department of Anthropology & Archaeology, University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
p: +64 3 479 8752 | m: +64 27 427 6804 | f: +64 3 479 9095 | [log in to unmask] | www.otago.ac.nz/anthropology