HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Nov 2013 15:32:13 +0100
From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
We found a lot of those in a town called Baruth in Brandenburg, where they
were called "Knüppeldamm" (singular). I don't remember the dating or wood
type; my job was just documenting where they were and taking samples.
There is a photo of one from another excavation in Oranienberg here:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kn%C3%BCppeldamm
and the article on prehistoric examples looks interesting:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorgeschichtlicher_Bohlenweg