HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 07:36:29 -0800
Hello fellow HistArchers,

I am a graduate student working on a master's thesis dealing with historic medicine bottles in Atlanta, GA. One bottle in the collection has been quite difficult to identify. I have searched all of the resources via SHA.org, as well as other internet resources, with no results. The bottle is embossed with "AUNT HANNAH'S". I have found three possible products: Aunt Hannah's Liquid Death Drops(which apparently came in cans, not bottles), Aunt Hannah's Pile Salve, and Aunt Hannah's Hair Tonic. The latter two were just mentioned in small newspaper ads, both by Jenkins Bros, NY. However, unlike most bottles, I have been unable to find an image of another bottle or references to the products. If anyone has any information on this bottle or the product, I would be very grateful.

Best,
David L Cook