Reply To:
HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2016 05:49:08 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
Wow! What an honor! Congratulations Dr. Cowie! Thank you for your service to humanity, our field, and our community.

Best,
David L Cook, M.A.

> On Feb 22, 2016, at 2:54 PM, Shaun Richey <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> 
> Hello Everyone,
>     I am a current graduate student of Dr. Cowie's and I can tell you that we are all very excited for her here at UNR! The project that she is being awarded for is: "Governmentality and Social Capital in Tribal/Federal Relations Regarding Heritage Consultation" She will be headed for the White House this spring to receive the award. I'm both thrilled both for Dr. Cowie, and also that the White House acknowledges the incredible importance of her research!
> Shaun Richey
> UNR Anthropology [log in to unmask]
> 
>> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 15:05:32 -0500
>> From: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: HistArcher Sarah Cowie awarded PCASE
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> 
>> Hi all,
>> 
>> Sarah Cowie has been awarded a Presidential Early Career Awards for Scientists and Engineers, the highest honor bestowed by the United States Government on science and engineering professionals in the early stages of their independent research careers. 
>> 
>> Dr. Cowie is a HistArcher and not one to toot her own horn. I hope one of her students will post a link to her award. 
>> 
>> The Society for Historical Archaeology awarded Dr. Cowie the John L. Cotter Award in 2013. 
>> 
>> Sarah did her MS in IA at MTU 1994-1996 under Susan Martin. She went on to a PhD at Arizona in Anthropology and is now on the faculty at the University of Nevada, Reno. 
>> 
>> We are very proud of her!
>> 
>> Cheers,
>> Tim
>> 
>> https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2016/02/18/president-obama-honors-extraordinary-early-career-scientists
>                         

ATOM RSS1 RSS2