HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:25:12 -0800
A box as in with a top also?  It is a cube or more like a tiny square cup?
Glazed inside?  Glazed on the exterior sides?
Reminds me of the cup from an artist's paint set.
I've had very similar looking little things with W N or W&N for Winsor &
Newton "Water Color in Cakes".  They came in "Whole Cakes" and "Half Cakes"
and some were empty so they could be filled by the artist.

Your Registration Number dates from sometime between January 1886 to January
1887.

S. Walter