Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 13:19:13 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Yesterday had occasion to take a road trip up I57  her in central IL.   As I drove I noticed 2 counties that had sprayed every milkweed and thistle, and I think jimsonweed weed (hard to tell at 70mph)  in the road ditches.

As I drove I listened to Alan Gerand on the UAV conference going on in Decatur IL.   Apparently they are seriously planning on deploying drones on (not bees) to spot spray herbicides and probably at some point pesticides in AG fields.
Its a big enough deal that apparently they already have FFA approval,  and several thousand people were at the conference on deploying this technology.

A drone capable of picking out certain weeds  would definitely be able to do better at killing them off.  Not sure if this is a good thing or bad.   Sure might mean less pesticides used over all,  but what about  counties like most here that spray thistles or milkweed,  how long before no refuge left for certain weeds.  I know a lot of farmers would wipe out certian plants.  as well as county officials.

Add this to the bee kill in TX last week from the Mosquito abatement  and we have some battles ahead.

Charles