From:
GAVIN RAMSAY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2014 23:08:56 +0000

>And after this hard winter probably things will get worse ...

In fact our autumn and winter over here has been unusually mild, continuing the trend from last summer.  We are told that the cold in N America and the sharp split between colder and warmer air is pushing the SW winds across the Atlantic which have been bringing us this mild weather. The result of this is many bee flying days and strong winter clusters from an extended brood season.  If the weather stays this way winter survival should be good, and perhaps some of that European and particularly UK pollination deficit will be made up.

And the promise of an early season may mean that our much appreciated bee inspectors can start early this year ...

Gavin