From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:16:20 +0100
> Does anyone on the list have any experience with this type of situation, or
know which doctors or researchers with this expertise who we might contact?

The old wisdom was that allergic reactions were progressive, i.e. small local reaction, large local reaction, systemic reaction (wheezing, urticaria), then possibly anaphylactic shock.

One of our members is an anaesthetist with considerable knowledge of allergy and, of course, an interest in bee stings.  His lecture was fascinating and showed that this progression may not occur in this logical sequence and may reverse at times.  Seems that nothing is certain in allergy.

The link to his presentation is here:

http://www.stratfordbeekeepers.org.uk/Newsletters/May2011.htm

Best wishes

Peter