From:
Brion Dunbar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:18:43 -0500
At the risk of bringing up AFB again, I just found it in one colony while my bees are in almonds.  I'm thinking I caught it fairly early- there was still a reasonable sized colony with no sign of robbing.  I destroyed the infected colony, and dusted the closest colonies up to about 35 meters with oxytetracline.  Since divide season is coming up I am a bit nervous about spread.  I will mark and keep an eye on the neighboring colonies.  Any other recommendations?

Also, if there were to be spread to other colonies, how soon would you expect symptoms to show up if they are going to?
Thanks in advance,
Brion