From:
Steve Petrilli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2013 21:49:33 -0400
On Wed, 2 Oct 2013 18:11:34 -0700, Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all - for those of us US hobbyists beeks who have not yet signed on for journals can someone tell us the differences between Bee Culture and American Bee Journal and possibly make a recommendation which mite be most interesting and informative for me/us who want to increase our knowledge and understanding regarding pest and colony management, colony health, disease recognition, honey production, etc.
>Scott
>East Bay Area
>US

I would recommend a subscription to both "journals" (the American Bee Journal and Bee Culture magazines) as they are both excellent sources of information.  I subscribe to both and look forward each month to both hitting my mailbox (I prefer print over digital versions).    The ABJ is printed on a little heavier stock of paper as far as the cover goes.  Multi year subscriptions are the best value.  And no, I do not work for either company nor do I have any financial or vested interest in the parent companies of either (Dadant or Root)

Steve Petrilli
Illinois Bee Keeper
Lincoln Land Bee Keepers Association
Illinois State Beekeepers Association