HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Voss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 2015 21:21:59 -0700
Dear Hist Arch'ers,

I am looking for examples of historic Native American sites where Chinese
artifacts have been found, especially examples that might indicate direct
interaction or exchange between Native Americans and Chinese immigrants.

I am working with an interdisciplinary group of scholars in Taiwan who are
contributing to the Chinese Railroad Workers in North American Project. They
are very interested in learning more about Chinese immigrant interactions
with Native Americans in the 19th century, especially as they see potential
parallels between the North American situation and the experiences of
indigenous Taiwan islanders.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

--Barb

Barbara L. Voss, Associate Professor

Department of Anthropology

450 Serra Mall, Bldg. 50, Main Quad