HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Leo Demski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2014 20:33:53 +0000
Thanks so much to everyone who replied to my query about ice!  I was hoping to get at least one or two new sources, but you guys gave me so many more!  I've been a subscriber to Histarch for more than 15 years, and its always amazing to me how generous and helpful the group is.   What a great resource!

Since I'm looking at aspects of the ice industry in the Sierra Nevada mountains (at Boca, near Truckee, CA) as the scope for my MA thesis, the info and ideas you suggested are excellent and will help immeasurably.    I had a handful of promising leads before, but you've expanded my possibilities tenfold at least.

Thanks again and best wishes!
-Leo Demski
MA grad student
Dept of Anthropology