HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Tim Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:15:56 -0800
Might want to take a look at http://www.thelampworks.com/index.html.  Lots of information on lamps, manufacturers, etc.  I've also contacted them about a lamp burner found at an historic site, they were quite helpful.

The Alabama Historical Commission published a number of articles regarding components of historic homes that are useful for restoration, artifact dating, identification, etc.  See http://preserveala.org/pdfs/ESSAYS/DOORS%20AND%20HARDWARE.pdf on doors, door knobs, and other related hardware.

Tim