HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2015 15:55:41 +0000
From:
Julie Abell Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Histarchers, My colleagues and I are trying to compile some informationfrom published articles about the effect of continuous flooding over a longperiod of years on the preservation of archaeological sites.  Specifically, we are interested in sitesaffected by flooding from man-made issues, such as construction or earthmovingthat has rerouted natural drainages or eliminated original landforms that wouldhave once prevented flooding.  The questionis whether this kind of flooding can affect the integrity of an archaeologicalsite by jumbling or otherwise impacting stratigraphic sequences or sitepreservation.  Any published references(U.S. sites preferred) you would be willing to share would be most appreciated.  Thank you.
Best,Julie
 Julie Abell Horn, M.A., R.P.A.
Principal Investigator and Senior Archaeologist/Historian
Historical Perspectives, Inc.

Please visit our website at www.historicalperspectives.org