From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:26:12 -0500

-------- Original message --------
From: Jeremy Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 08/02/2013  9:47 AM  (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BEE-L] Walkaway splits and Russian queens

(I have been working to convert my entire 600 hive inventory to Russian
bees for a few seasons now.

I would add you will spend the rest of your beekeeping trying to keep your hives Russian.

(The big difference from Italian bees?  Russian bees do not die from
mites every 4 months!

I think we both know (as do the knowledgeable beekeepers &researchers on BEE-L the above is BS.)

It could be said the *pure Russian line* is more varroa tolerant than the mongrel Italian bee.
When varroa  is controlled all races of bees do quite well.

Jeremy sells Russian queens &nucs I believe?

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison
Italian bee beekeeper