From:
Peter Detchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:27:36 +0800
Christina said:-

> What I want to understand is why some beekeepers are saying their
> bees are hard hit or not thriving on certain crops/locations, while
> others say life is good with neonics and we usually hear about the
> great situation on Canadian canola.  Since I understand the mechanism
> of action, more-or-less, I am trying to figure out what could account
> for all these observations

 and Allen added:-

>That about sums it up for me and many of us.

>Nicely said.

Thats the exact same situation I see here in 'The land downunder'.
Some say there is no bee problem in Australia....don't believe it! It just depends
on who you talk to.

About 7 mins into the Dan Rather report
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ5riRX1_3w&feature=youtu.be
a woman is showing her grandchildren some photos of bees on a truck, or rather hanging off it.
Thats how it used to be here for me too , but is no longer....unfortunately.

Like everyone else I don't have any evidence to categorically nail agrichems as the cause of
the problem, but I don't feel its my duty to do that. Its for the agrichem companies to prove that they aren't.
As far as I am concerned, so far they haven't.

PeterD
In Western Australia, a long way from conventional agriculture......  but alongside a river that drains from there.