HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Clevenger, Liz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2013 22:23:46 +0000
Hi Susan -

Following up on what Claudia said, you can find a conservator in your area by using the American Institute for Conservation's "Find A Conservator" tool - online at http://www.conservation-us.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=495&parentID=472. If you are going to work on the piece yourself, you should use an archivally sound product like acryloid or paraloid (for example http://www.universityproducts.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=436 or http://www.gaylord.com/adblock.asp?abid=16721) instead of something unstable and potentially irreversible.

aloha
~Liz

Liz Noelani Clevenger, MA, RPA
Curator of Archaeology  |  Presidio Trust
(415) 561-5086 office
(415) 561-4813 laboratory

Presidio Heritage Program  |  El Presidio  |  Presidio Archaeology Lab  |  Officers' Club
http://www.presidio.gov/explore[log in to unmask]  |  (415) 561-5089 fax  |  P.O. Box 29052, San Francisco, CA 94129