Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:36:43 -0600
If you were buying a bee suit, which one would you choose.

I have some old bee suits that are twenty years old and full of holes.
The elastics are shot and I think it is time to break down and buy a new
suit or two.

The suits I have are thin cotton/poly and very light weight and white --
and I like them.  I don't like hot, heavy suits.  I wear them for the
sun, to keep the bees out of my armpits and to keep me from getting
sticky.  I am not worried about stings at all and work bare hands most
of the time.  I only wear shorts under my suit in summer.  I wash my
suit every time I wear it.

I have borrowed a Sherriff suit, veil combination and found it very
thin, cool, and comfortable, although I suspect the tan colour makes it
warmer than white.  Seem to me that the Sherriff products are more
expensive than some other brands, but maybe the quality justifies it.
Price is really not an object, as in the case of MIB, it may be the last
suit I ever wear.

So, I am asking this list, having stated my tastes, what do the members
recommend?

I'm sure some here have researched this in depth and have likes and
dislikes.

Oh, yes.  One last thing.  Whatever I choose _must_ have fastening flaps
on the breast pockets.  I don't want to have to fish this cellphone out
of a barrel of syrup, and I carry reading glasses, too.

While we are at it, has anyone found a veil that does not put screen
between the beekeeper and the bees.  Seems to me that some sort of visor
with plastic would give better visibility.