HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Susan Walter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2013 11:22:52 -0700
Hi All,

I am seeking inspiration for a new program that I am developing using archaeological or ethnological examples.  There are 2 sets of classes.  One is a one hour program, the other is 2 1/2 hours long.  In both, the children are divided by age groups of 4th-6th grade, and 7th through 9th grades.

I want unusual (to our children) media, and I prefer subjects that communicate through alphabets or symbolism, rather than are simply decorative.  As examples, I'm considering Peruvian quipus, and Hohokam shell etching.

So, have you ever admired a beautiful or unique communication from the past - anywhere in the world - that you think would be cool for children to be exposed to?

S. Walter