Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:59:53 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
> fumagillin has been implicated as contributing to the near universal replacement of N. apis by N. ceranae

> Pete, my reading of the data does not so much indicate "replacement," but perhaps more of an occupation of a less than fully exploited niche.

I said it was implicated, which is true. Of course, it was implicated in the same study that you guys have been trashing.

QUOTED MATERIAL

Lower natural susceptibility to
fumagillin or faster recovery from treatment could be a factor in
the replacement of N. apis by N. ceranae, which apparently has
occurred in North America and elsewhere

Huang W-F, Solter LF, Yau PM, Imai BS (2013) Nosema ceranae Escapes Fumagillin Control in Honey Bees.