Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:42:37 -0400
As mentioned here before, I have been raising bees for sale.  The idea
is to have mid-sized, manageable ready-to-super hives ready for sale in
spring and summer.

As planned, I recently sold bees to various small beekeepers in the
region.  As it happened, some went to Calgary, and although I have not
heard, I am sure some were swept downriver in the recent massive flood
that inundated all the riverbank communities and, at its peak, resulted
in waist-deep and higher water downtown and the Calgary Stampede
Grounds. (http://www.calgarystampede.com/)

Anyhow, some went to other areas, and the other day, I saw this on my
forum:
Hot Bees
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1338

At first, I thought it was just a routine cranky bee story and then I
realised that the post was from a customer who bought six nice singles
from me several weeks ago who had one overwintered hive and was
intending to build up to a larger operation.

I thought nothing of it at the time, but then it dawned on me.  You can
read my comments.

Anyhow, I bring this here, to my favourite panel of tactless critics for
a verdict.

Am I wrong, I am I too direct?

What would you say/do?

---
Why go fast if you can go slow?

Allen Dick
Swalwell, Alberta, Canada
http://www.honeybeeworld.com/diary/
51°33'37.58"N  113°18'54.24"W
Sometimes retired commercial beekeeper - 40+ years keeping bees - 4500
hives max
Currently running 20 to 100 hives
Hives for sale year-round