From:
Scott Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2013 21:21:30 -0700
> But this timing is not the same for all areas--in some swarming occurs
> during a main flow.  As Bill frequently points out, all beekeeping is
> regional.

Agree completely Randy!  Still a little early for swarms in the East Bay area.

Other hives are going strong.  Here on the edge of an urban area we are very close to the start of the main flow that should go through late June - early July.  Swarms should get stronger this month through June.  I collected 6 last year.  May have to split more colonies in the next month.

Scott Ball
Livermore, CA