From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 May 2013 10:00:22 -0700
>And OK, you win, I'm convinced now.

Ghislain, there is no "winning" involved.  And the last thing that I'd want
to do is to "convince" you of anything.  I'm not convinced of anything
myself!

Let me be clear:  all insecticides are an issue to honey bees and native
pollinators.  All that I wish for us to do is to stick to the facts.

> > ... months prior to the recent publication by Tennekes and Sanchez-Bayo,
> the author forwarded me an advance copy of the paper, and we discussed it
> at
> length.
> >Does this mean that you agree with his actual conclusions?

To be clear, I corresponded with only one of the authors.  And no, I didn't
necessarily agree with their conclusions.  I raised questions that he was
unable to answer.  The paper was speculative, rather than evidence--there
is a huge difference!

I am as concerned as anyone about the potential effects of pesticides in
our food and in the environment.  But I find that much of the what is
published in the blogosphere, and even in scientific journals is not
grounded in facts or evidence, or consists of misinterpretation and wild
extrapolation of actual studies.

Unfortunately, there are few of us who are willing to do the hard work of
separating the chaff from the grain.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA