Date:
Mon, 20 May 2013 12:18:23 -0400
> Is the above an approved method in the U.S. Bill?

I realize that this was a snark, but it is instructive.

No, it is not approved, but I did follow the instructions that were used in
Canada and formic is an approved use in the US, albeit not in the way I
used it.

My comments on this list were directed toward the illegal use of Amitraz
without any methodology, but just home formulas with little scientific
backing. That sort of use by the large operators will and has led to early
mite resistance, even before it was allowed in the US. So they have robbed
many of a mite control that could have worked here for the next ten years.

I like to experiment and have ever since I started beekeeping. When I was
the editor of our State Newsletter, I would trial every interesting idea
that came down the pike, including FGMO and even menthol cough drops for
tracheal control (neither worked). So my work with Formic is just a
continuation of what I have been doing, especially since I report to others
on if it works or does not.

But thanks for thinking about me and including me with the very large group
of commercial lawbreakers.

Bill(y) the Kid Truesdell
Bath, Maine