Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 Jul 2013 08:16:20 -0500
From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>

-------- Original message --------
From: randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 07/25/2013  7:20 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] Do they leave the hive and wander aimlessly in the landscape?

Bob is correct in that something changed about 9 years

A very important point. The last decade has been the hardest for commercial beekeepers I have saw.

Pete keeps posting much to do about nothing (U.S. Bee decline)
As polination is being done.

A shortage in almonds last Feb. seems to be a warning sign.

As Allen pointed out its really about the bottom line in a business.

What commercial beekeepers are forced to do to keep numbers up add costs.

There seems to be two kinds of commercial beekeepers today.
Maybe simply going back to the way beekeeping was before CCD.

Ed Colby wrote in Aug. Bee Culture (pg. 88)

"I do try to keep an open mind. I reserve the right to backtrack 180 degres on anything I say about bees. I'am always interested in the opinions and methods of successful commercial beekeepers, because these guys manage to thrive in a business that is supposedly going under.
In case you think all commercial beekeepers are being decimated by CCD ,look again.
Some of them are doing very well thank you.
One big operator told me ,"My bees have never been better!" Wow!
What can we learn from these guys?"

bob

Successful beekeeper