HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2016 15:25:56 -0400
Kayla,
In Fike's "The Bottle Book" (1987)p. 218, the author refers to E. N. Lightner and Co. of Detroit.  Based on Detroit directories, he states that the company was established in 1882, that the company was marketing perfumes by 1900, and the company name was changed to Lightner-Seeley Co. in 1906.  If your bottle is embossed "DETROIT", the dates and co. may be relevant.
Allen
P.S. More bottle information might have been helpful, such as any other embossing, bottle description, & a link to a photo.