HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ethan Steinman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2014 22:48:52 -0700
My film Glacial Balance is an educational DVD that highlights global
interconnectedness and human adaptation to rapidly changing
environmental conditions.  It encourages learners not only to develop
their understanding of climate change, but also to link more closely to
human activity and experience, including geographical processes of
drought, famine, and migration.

In connecting students to distant places and raising awareness of
people's experiences of climate change impacts 'on the ground', Glacial
Balance can promote reflection and discussion on what melting glaciers
in South America can teach us about wider impacts of climate change, and
our responses to these on personal and societal levels.

It is available on DVD at glacialbalance.com (including suggested
educational pricing), however it is for sale on a sliding scale based on
each individual school's budgetary restrictions.

For anyone who will be attending, it will also be screening at three
separate times during the European Geosciences Union in Vienna:

Mon, 28 April, 12:15-14:00
Thu, 01 May, 17:15-19:00
Fri, 02 May, 10:30-12:00

More info is available at glacialbalance.com. Feel free to write with