Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:45:40 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
But Randy....I answered your question already!

The papers you told me to read...the Suchail papers...that you claim say reduce imidacloprid to CO2 in 72 hours, don't say that.  Please correct me with evidence from one/both of those papers if you disagree. I then followed up with a request to you to demonstrate that IMI does degrade in 72 hours to CO2, by providing me/us with a paper that does prove this happens.   I will be more than willing to agree that degradation happens if experiments agree with your claim.  Most of these studies deal with acute exposures.

After that, I would ask you...How do bees benefit when they are *chronically* exposed to the neonics?  If IMI degrades withijn 72 hours (or any other degradation scenario) how does it matter if the bees are continually re-exposed?  A continual renewal of a chemical that binds irreversibly to ACh receptors (within stoichiometric parameters) will continue to depolarize the neurons.  What do you see that is different in this scenario?

This is the way the neonics work in systemically treated crops...isn't it?  It's why Bayer says their products are so great against insect pests....yes?

Christina

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2